Feb 15, 2013

Pink & Red Cookies


Love is in the air, I can feel it and I hate it
Jk, I don’t hate it, but only because we get to eat as much chocolate as we want

I don’t think that Valentine’s Day has to be celebrated only by you and your valentine; I think it can be celebrated with anyone you care about. I also think that it’s the perfect excuse to make anything pink and red.

I’ve been using this recipe for years and finally decide to share it with you because you know how much I love you. It will be our little secret.

Cake Mix Cookies
Ingredients:
½ C unsalted butter or margarine*, softened
2 eggs
1 (18.25oz) box cake mix
1 C add-ins (chocolate chips, dried fruits, nuts, etc)
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. In a large bowl, mix together softened butter, eggs, cake mix until the dough almost comes together. Stir in any add-ins your little pink loving heart desires.
3. Drop cookie dough on cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart, they do spread out as they bake. Bake for 9-10 minutes or until the edges start to brown.

Promise me you won’t bake them for longer than 10 minutes, please. Do that for me on Valentine’s Day. And tell me I’m beautiful.

I was using butter for the longest time, and one day I ran out of butter but was craving for cookies so went for margarine. I’m glad I ran out of butter because the result of the cookies was amazing. They spread out more but still stay chewy. Try it, you won’t be sorry. Ok, I know word on the street is that margarine is bad for you, but you’re already using a box of cake mix, so…

For this special day, I made some strawberry cookies with white chocolate chips and red velvet cookies with dark chocolate chips





p.s. I apologize for being a day late, I had this all typed up yesterday but couldn't put it up then because this happened...

Anyways, Valentine’s Day. Love it, hate it, there’s no escaping it. So let chocolate help you enjoy it.
enjoy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog