Jan 20, 2013

Christmas Peppermint Fudge

or just Peppermint Fudge, sorry I love Christmas too much.

Fudge is one of my favorite sweets. A small piece of confection can be so comforting, and can instantly satisfy you sugar craving.

I’ve tried several fudge recipes, and so far this is my favorite. It’s super easy and doesn’t require a candy thermometer.

Christmas Peppermint Fudge
Ingredients:
2/3 C evaporated milk
¾ C granulated sugar
pinch of salt
1 (7oz) jar marshmallow crème
2 C dark chocolate chips
1 C milk chocolate chips
¼ - ½ C crushed peppermint candies
1 tsp vanilla extract
Directions:
1. Grease a 9x13 inch pan, set aside. (I like thinner and smaller fudge, so I’m using a cookie sheet. If you like your fudge big and fat, feel free to use a 8x8 inch square pan.)
2. Combine evaporated milk, granulated sugar, salt, and marshmallow crème in a medium size saucepan over medium heat.

Bring mixture to a full boil and then cook for 7 minutes, stirring constantly.

3. Remove from heat and stir in Dark and Milk Chocolate chips until chocolate is melted


and then mix in vanilla extract.

4. Pour mixture into greased pan and sprinkle evenly with crushed candy canes.


5. Let cool to room temperature and then chill in the fridge for about 2 hours or over night. Cut into pieces and snack on them constantly.

* Make sure the mixture is fully boiling before you started counting time. You want to make sure that it cooks for long enough so later it sets properly. The first time I made it I didn’t cook it long enough, and I had to stick it to the fridge for it to set. It still tasted amazing, just a bit hard to handle.
* You can try adding in different toppings. I’ve tried adding in white chocolate chips and take out ¼ C sugar because white chocolate will add extra sweetness to the fudge. I’ve also tried adding different kinds of nuts; walnuts are my personal favorite. But feel free to add in any topping you like, almost everything taste great with this fudge.

It was very late at night when I made these so I didn’t want to make any noise by crushing the candies. I broke them by hand, that’s why there are some huge pieces of candy cane. Also my fingers hurt like crazy the next day.
What I’m trying to say is forget about your neighbors, go ahead and smash those candies with a rolling pin, even if it’s 2 am in the morning. Do it for yourself… I mean for your friends because you’ll be sharing some fudge with them the next day.
enjoy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog