Jan 13, 2013

Chocolate Chip Banana Cake


For my last winter break, I went to Cali and spent time with my family. I ate so much delicious food and bake so many cookies for Christmas, New Year’s Eve, and almost days when I was there.

While my parents were still around, I tried to make healthier desserts. Banana cake was one of the first things I made.

Chocolate Chip Banana Cake
Ingredients:
2 C all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
½ C unsalted butter, softened
½ C brown sugar
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 ripe medium banana, mashed
Sliced almond for garnish, optional
Direction:
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease two 8x8 inch square pan.
2. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Take two Tbsp flour mixture and toss with chocolate chips and set aside.
3. In another bowl, beat the soften butter until smooth, and beat in brown sugar until light and fluffy. Whisk in eggs and vanilla, a little at a time, and then stir in mashed banana and mix until well blended. Stir in flour mixture until flour almost disappears, then mix in chocolate chips. Sprinkle with sliced almond
4. Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the edges of the cake start to brown.

So moist and super yummy, I like to eat it warm with some vanilla ice cream. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog