Thanksgiving wouldn’t be thanksgiving without pumpkin. And thanksgiving would definitely not be thanksgiving without dessert. So I came up with this recipe.
I was inspired by one of my favorite dessert, banana pudding, and made these beautiful pumpkin trifles.
Super easy to make and taste super delicious
2 (3.4oz) boxes instant vanilla pudding mix
2 ½ C milk
1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (8oz) container Cool Whip, thawed
1 box gingersnaps
½ C pumpkin puree
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp allspice
1. In a large bowl, whisk together pudding mix, milk, and condensed milk. Let sit for about 5 minutes or until thickens.
Fold in Cool Whip.
2. Divide pudding into two parts
set one part aside and mix pumpkin puree and spices to the other part
3. Start layering the goodness by putting a gingersnap at the bottom of each cup.
Put a dollop of pumpkin pudding, a dollop of vanilla pudding, repeat until you reach the top of the cup.
4. Let them sit in the fridge for at least two hours. This allows the gingersnaps to soak in the pudding goodness.
* When you let the pudding set for a few hours, the gingersnaps will start to soften, but still have a nice crunch when you bite into it. If you like the spongy and cakey texture, let pudding set overnight.
Those babies complete my thanksgiving. Thank you pumpkin trifles.