Nov 22, 2012

Double Chin Day: Mashed Potatoes


Happy turkey day!
Happy double chin day!
Happy sweatpants day!
And HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO YOU ALL!
I have a potluck to go to tonight and I’ve been starting to cook since noon.
The first thing I made was mashed potatoes because they need to chill in the fridge for a few hours before baking.
I’ve made these mashed potatoes and brought them to a potluck two years ago and it was a big hit. If you’re a big fan of cream cheese like me, this is the recipe for you.

Mashed Potatoes
Ingredients:
5 medium potatoes
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
½ C sour cream
1 tsp black pepper
salt to taste
¼ C grated Parmesan cheese
Directions:
1. Cut potatoes into cubes and put in heavily salted water. Bring water to boil and turn heat down and let simmer for about 15-20 minutes; or until a fork can poke through potatoes easily.

2. In a bowl, cream together cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.

Add in cooked potatoes and mash with cream cheese and sour cream with a fork until fluffy. Mix in pepper and salt if desire.

3. Spread mashed potatoes in a greased 9 x 13 pan or two 8 x 8 pans.


I like to run forks over the surface to get the crispy texture after it’s baked.


4. Sprinkle cheese evenly over the potatoes.

Cover with foil and put it in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
Let the cream cheese, sour cream and potato mingle.
5. Bake in 350F preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and your kitchen smells like heaven.

* I prefer added lots of salt in the boiling water when cooking potatoes then adding it later; so I didn’t add more salt at this point. I forgot to add the pepper, so I sprinkle it over mashed potatoes along with Parmesan cheese.
enjoy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog