Hands down, best muffins I’ve ever had.
I love cream cheese, so much. I’d eat it with anything. Sometimes I eat it by itself.
Pumpkin muffins are ight, not the best thing in the world, I never crave for them. But when you stuff them with cream cheese, oh yeah, brings them to the next level. I can eat three at a time… oh wait, I already did.
Cream Cheese Stuffed Pumpkin Muffins
1 ¾ C all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp + ½ tsp ground cinnamon, separated
½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp salt
½ C unsalted butter, softened
½ C brown sugar
½ C pumpkin puree
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Filling:
4 oz cream cheese, softened
½ C powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, 1 tsp cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt; set aside
3. In another bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla, a little at a time; beat until well blended.
Add in pumpkin puree and mix well
4. Add in flour mixture in three additions; mix until almost incorporated before each addition.
5. To make the filling, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar and ½ tsp cinnamon until smooth
6. Take enough muffin batter to cover the bottom of muffin tins, spoon a healthy dollop of cream cheese filling over, and then fill the muffin tin ¾ full with the remaining batter.
7. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until the edges of muffins are starting to brown. Leave them in the pan for 5 minutes and then move them to cooling rack to let cool completely