Owww yeah, these cookies made it to my top 5 favorite cookies list.
MAKE THEM! NOW!
‘nuff said, here’s the recipe
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
Recipe slightly adapted from two peas & their pod
1 ¼ C all-purpose flour
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
¾ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ C unsalted butter, softened
1 C peanut butter
¼ C granulated sugar
¾ C lightly packed brown sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp heavy cream
1 C chocolate chip
1. In a bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside
2. Cream together softened butter and peanut butter until smooth.
Beat in both sugars until light and fluffy
and then add in beaten egg, vanilla, and cream, a little at a time until well blended.
3. Mix in flour mixture until almost incorporated and then add in chocolate chips
4. Chill cookie dough in the fridge for at least an hour. I left mine in the fridge overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 350F. Take about two tablespoons of cookie dough, form into balls and then lightly press them down because they don’t really spread out
Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until the edges just start to brown.
Let cool on the pan for 10 minutes and then move to cooling rack to allow cool completely.
* I added some cinnamon and nutmeg, and it really brings out more flavor out of the peanut butter.