Oct 13, 2012

Pineapple Glazed Cupcakes


I made these cupcakes about an hour ago and I can’t tell you how excited I am. I’m so happy with the result I have to blog about them now!
I came home tired today and wanted to make myself a cup hot chocolate.
When I opened the fridge to get some milk, I saw the can of pineapple just chillin’ in there and then decided to make some pineapple cupcakes; even forgot about the hot chocolate.

Pineapple Glazed Cupcakes
Ingredients:
1 C all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
¼ C unsalted butter, softened
½ C packed brown sugar
1 egg, whisked
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ C milk
1 can pineapple slices in juice, drained (reserve juice for the pineapple glaze)
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside
2. In another bowl, cream together softened butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.

Add in egg and vanilla, a little at a time so mixture doesn’t curdle.

(I accidentally curdled mine a little because I was impatient)
3. Add half of the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mix until almost combined, mix in milk, and then add in the rest of the flour mixture

4. Break the drained pineapple slices into small pieces and then fold into the cupcake batter


5. Fill each cupcake liner half or three-quarters full if you're feeling dangerous

Bake them at 350F for 20-25 minutes, or until the top of the cupcakes are firm.

I baked mine for 20 minutes

6. With a fork, pierce the cupcakes all over

and then spoon the pineapple glaze over cupcakes and let them soak in all the goodness


To make the pineapple glaze, simply cook the pineapple juice in a saucepan over low heat until it reduces to half of its original amount. It took me about 15-20 minutes to cook mine.

The pineapple glaze makes the cupcakes soooo moist and yummy!
Enjoy those cupcakes while they’re warm, I promise you won’t regret it. They are the perfect treat for the cold weather.

I love how they’re not too sweet and slightly tangy
I love how the fluffy cupcakes soak up all the sweet pineapple glaze
And I love love love how our kitchen smells like pineapple heaven
enjoy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog