Oct 30, 2012

M&M Cookies


Because of the hurricane we got Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday off, and I thank you for that, Sandy. For the past few days I’ve been lying in my cozy bed listening to 80s music, it's great to listen to and it cheers me up in the weather like this.
After a day of lying in bed doing nothing, on the second day I decided that it’s time for me to be productive and do something; so I got to the kitchen and made some delicious cookies.

These might have become one of my favorite cookies. So chewy, so buttery, and super yummy… yeah you know what I know I suck at describing food so I’m just gonna stop.
Just go to your kitchen and make them, you won’t be sorry.

I got this recipe from allrecipes, and replace the chocolate chips with M&Ms
M&M Cookies
Recipe mainly adapted from allrecipes
Ingredients:
2 C all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
¾ C unsalted butter, softened
¾ C brown sugar
¼ C granulated sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 C chocolate chips (I replaced with M&Ms)
Directions:
1. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside
2. In another bowl, beat softened butter until creamy add in both sugar and beat until light and fluffy.

Beat in eggs and vanilla, a little at a time until everything is well incorporated.


3. Add in ½ C of the flour mixture, mix until flour almost disappears, add in another ½ C, mix.

Repeat until all flour is gone, and then mix in M&Ms. Chill cookie dough overnight; I chilled mine for 36 hours

4. Preheat oven to 350F 10 minutes before baking the cookies.
5. Scoop and shape some cookie dough into 1 ½ - 2 inch balls. Place them on baking sheet about 3 inches apart.

try to accidentally get cookie dough on your finger so you can eat it. Try not to eat too much like I did... Or do, you'll just end up with less baked cookies.

Bake for 10-12 minutes; I baked mine for 11 minutes

6. Let cool for 5 minutes on the baking pan before removing them to the cooling rack to let cool completely.

so colorful! I love colors, they make me happy.

enjoy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog