Oct 10, 2012

Chewy Oatmeal Cookies


After a productive afternoon, I decided to reward myself with some baking. I haven’t baked in a long time. Although I’ve been making TONS of ice cream for my ICP, it’s never the same with baking. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy making ice cream as much as I enjoy eating it; but I miss baking. I thought about what I want to bake for a long time, and then finally decided to make some delicious oatmeal cookies an hour later.
Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
Ingredients:
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
½ C packed light brown sugar
¼ C granulated sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
¾ C all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground cloves
¼ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp salt
1 ½ C rolled oats
1 C chocolate chips/raisins/nuts/whatever your heart desires
Directions:
1. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, and salt; set aside.

2. In another bowl, beat the butter and the sugars together until light and fluffy.

Add in beaten egg and vanilla, a little at a time. It took me five times to finish adding in the egg.

Be patient, I know it takes time, but if you add it all in at once, the mixture will curdle because there isn’t that much fat compare to liquid (egg.) However, don’t panic if it happens, just keep beating the mixture until it comes together.
At this point, you should end up with this

see that?

don't do this.

or do it, but try to control yourself
3. Add in half of the flour mixture, and mix with a spatula.

Remember not to overwork the dough. Toss the oats and chocolate chip with the rest of the flour mixture, and then add them into the dough

mix well and chill for at least 15 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350F. Drop cookie dough on baking pan and place them about 1 inch apart; they don’t really spread.

5. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies start to brown. Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes before you remove them to the cooling rack.

I’ve been using this recipe for a while. I usually add raisins instead of chocolate to make myself feel healthier, but today I deserve a treat. Plus, chocolate is good for you…
enjoy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog