Jun 4, 2012

5/29 Potluck


Last week after I made the egg yolk cornmeal cookies, I still have some left over dough and decided to make some galette for a potluck. The food everyone made was super delicious!
Steph's Guacamole

Ronald's stir fried beans soaked in butter

yummy chicken

Sam's sweet yam salad

and my dessert, jam cornmeal galette

Jam Cornmeal Galette
Ingredients:
½ egg yolk cornmeal cookie dough, chilled
¼ C jam
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Take the dough out of the fridge and roll it out to about ¼- ½ inch thick
3. Spread any type of jam you little heart desires. I used raspberry. Fold the edges over the jam; the center will be open.


4. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown

* The taste was wonderful, but because the dough was very crumbly before it’s baked; it’s almost impossible to fold the edges up. It was crumbly due to the large amount of cornmeal I put in the dough. Next time I’ll try making this with a pie crust but still substitute ¼ of the flour with cornmeal because I love the crunchy texture it gives to the crust.
enjoy 

1 comment:

Search This Blog