May 6, 2012

Pink and Orange Macarons

This was the first time I baked after finals. It was the best reward, ever.
It was probably the fifth or the sixth time I made macarons. I still find them super challenging to make. Over the summer one of my goals is to practice making macarons; wish me luck!
I used a different recipe this time but followed the same directions as I did last time I made about 30 macarons; 15 with raspberry butter cream filling, 15 with mandarin butter cream filling.
Raspberry Buttercream Filling
Ingredients:
¼ C (½ stick) butter, softened
2-3 Tbsp raspberry jam
1 ½ C powdered sugar, sifted
1 drop of red food coloring (optional)
tiny pinch of salt
Directions:
1. Whip soften butter and jam together until fluffy
2. Add in powdered sugar, ½ C at a time, beat until well mixed
3. Add in food coloring, if using, and salt, mix again until blended
4. Chill in the fridge for about 10 minutes, pipe or spread on cooled macaron shells

For the mandarin buttercream filling, substitute raspberry jam with mandarin jam, and add 1 drop yellow food coloring if desired.
enjoy 

1 comment:

  1. Hi girl, no wonder you seem so quiet lately! These macarons looks very pretty! A course in learning to make macarons is charging for aud$75(more than $75 in US dollar), very expensive, I rather learn it myself!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog