May 28, 2012

Honey Cornmeal Muffins with Honey Butter

I made some delicious muffins for dinner last night and I’m super excited to share it with y’all! It took me only 30 minutes to make them, including the time of baking! If it takes me 30 minutes, it will take you 20 minutes because I'm a neat freak and have to do all the cleaning, organizing, and putting stuff back to where they were as I Give them a try, you won’t be disappointed!
Honey Cornmeal Muffins
Slightly adapted from here
Ingredients:
1 C cornmeal
1 C all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ C granulated sugar
¼ C (½ stick) salted butter, melted*
1 C evaporated milk
2 eggs, at room temperature
¼ C honey
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400F degree
2. In a bowl, mix together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and sugar
3. In another bowl, mix together melted butter, milk, eggs, and honey
4. Mix dry mixture with the wet until incorporated, do not over mix
5. Pour mixture into muffin pans and bake for 15-18 minutes or until miffins are puffed and golden
* If you don’t have salted butter, use unsalted butter and add ½ tsp salt to the dry mixture
I made 12 regular muffins and 10 baby muffins.
These babies are wonderful with honey butter, I didn’t get a chance to take pictures of the butter, but I’ve got the recipe for you
Honey Butter
Ingerdients:
½ C (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
2-3 Tbsp honey
½ tsp vanilla extract
Tiny pinch of salt
Directions:
1. In a bowl mix together butter, honey, vanilla and salt. Store in the fridge before use.
enjoy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog