Tart Dough, recipe followed
½ C granulated sugar
¾ C water
dash of vanilla
1 C evaporated milk
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. In a sauce pan, mix together sugar and water and cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
3. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla and milk until mixture is well blended. When the sugar water has cooled down, whisk it into the egg mixture.
4. Pour custard filling into the mold to about ¾ full.
2/3 C powdered sugar
pinch of salt
3 C all-purpose flour
1 C unsalted butter, cold and diced
1 egg, slightly beaten
dash of vanilla extract
1. In a big bowl, sift together powdered sugar, salt, and flour. Throw in diced butter and mash them with a fork
2. Before making the custard filling, take out the dough from the fridge and divide it into 12 pieces and press each piece into a tart mold. Put them back into the fridge while you make the filling.
* The crust I made this time is more buttery compare to the one I made last time; the crust I made last time was crumbly and sweeter and I personally liked it better. However, if you prefer the buttery texture, this is the recipe for you.
I had some left over custard filling so I made some custard pudding by baking them for about 15 minutes at 350F