Apr 4, 2012

Homemade Granola

I made some yummy granola with some packaged instant oatmeal; it was unbelievably good. I was pretty impressed if I may say so myself.

I got a box of flavored instant oatmeal from a friend, but never ate it because I prefer my oatmeal plain. That same night I wanted to make ice cream and thought about adding some crunch to it so I decided to make some granola. It is super easy to make and you can use whatever flavor oatmeal you want.

Semi-Homemade Granola
Ingredients:
1 box flavored instant oatmeal, the one I had was Flavor Variety Pack; it’s got Maple & Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, and Banana Bread. (about 3 Cups)
1 C sweetened coconut
¼ C honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1 pinch of coarse sea salt
Direction:
1. Preheat oven to 300F
2. Mix all ingredients in a big bowl and try to get everything to be coated in honey.
3. Dump mixture out to a baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes, stirring and turning after every 15 minutes, or until granola is golden brown and crunchy. Let cool
* People usually add butter or canola oil to the granola to add flavor to them and help them form clumps, but I skipped it and it tasted great.
* You can add almost anything you want to the granola, any types of nuts, dried, fruits, chocolate chips, etc. However, if dried fruits and chocolate chips are your choice, wait until the oats and nuts are toasted and have come to room temperature, and then toss them in.

I made some basic ice cream and added 1 Tablespoon of ground cinnamon to it before I dump in the granola. I added in most of the granola but you can adjust the amount of it however you like.
I didn't get a chance to take pictures of the ice cream because I gave it away right after I made it. But I promise it taste amazing!
enjoy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog