Mar 16, 2012

Ice Cream III: Chocolate Ice Cream

I added toppings to the ice cream both time last week and this time I decided not to; I made chocolate ice cream.

Chocolate Ice Cream
Ingredients:
1 C heavy cream
½ tsp vanilla extract
pinch of ground cinnamon
½ tsp espresso powder
½ (14oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
Directions:
1. Put a large mixing bowl in the freezer for about 15 minutes; it helps the cream whip easier and faster.
2. Mix together condensed milk and cocoa powder
3. When the large mixing bowl is nice and cold, take it out of the freezer and add in heavy cream, vanilla extract, and cinnamon
beat on medium speed until stiff peaks form, about 2-3 minutes.
4. Take 1/3 of the whipped cream and espresso powder, mix into the condensed milk mixture.
You don’t have to be too careful. Don’t worry about deflating the whipped cream because at this point you’re trying to thin out the condensed milk mixture. When mixture is well combined, fold in half of the remaining whipped cream; mix well, and then fold in the rest.
5. Pour ice cream into containers and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.

*I halved the recipe because I was craving for sweet like a mad person the other day and ate the half can of condensed milk. Don't judge, it's my guilty treat.
* I still think it’s too sweet, so next time I’ll cut down the amount of the condensed milk.
After eating ice cream for breakfast and dinner that day, I was the happiest kid in the world.

"希望是你 "

enjoy 

4 comments:

  1. Will steal your scrumptious recipe sometime later as it's still a lil' bit cool in this side of the world hahaha No egg(s) added a plus and no ice cream maker required means my ice cream maker will have a nice rest before summer starts :D Love the step by step photos !

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much Anne! let me know how your ice cream turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so this week's posting is all abt ice-cream, is it? Ahhhh, who can resist ice-cream! I have some plans to make semifreddo as I don't have ice-cream maker at home but summer has come to an end in Australia & I don't know whether I will take some real action b4 the autum comes.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog