Mar 15, 2012

Ice Cream II: Cinnamon Crunch

After I made those peanut butter sandwich cookie ice cream last week, I couldn’t wait to make them again. So the next day I made cinnamon ice cream with graham cracker, it was divine. I personally like it more than the peanut butter sandwich cookie ice cream.

Cinnamon Crunch (cinnamon ice cream with Graham crackers)
Ingredients:
2 C heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
¾ (14oz.) can sweetened condensed milk *
8 full sheet Graham crackers
chocolate chunks**
Directions:
1. Put a large mixing bowl in the freezer for about 15 minutes; it helps the cream whip easier and faster. While waiting, break graham crackers into pieces.
**I know last time I said I don't recommend putting chocolate into ice cream, but I wanted to give it another try. And the result? yeah I'm gonna stick with what I said before, couldn't taste the chocolate at all. Don't add it! Stick with Nutella!
2. In another bowl mix together condensed milk and graham cracker pieces, set aside.
3. When the large mixing bowl is nice and cold, take it out of the freezer and add in heavy cream, vanilla extract, and cinnamon
beat on medium speed until stiff peaks form, about 2-3 minutes.
4. Take 1/3 of the whipped cream and mix into the condensed milk mixture.
You don’t have to be too careful. Don’t worry about deflating the whipped cream because at this point you’re trying to thin out the condensed milk mixture. When mixture is well combined, fold in half of the remaining whipped cream; mix well, and then fold in the rest.
5. Pour ice cream into containers and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
* I think condense milk is where the sweetness comes from; and maybe it helps with the texture, too? And then the whipped cream is of course where the ice cream texture come from; it helps the ice cream freeze nicely. I personally find this ice cream a bit on the sweet side, so I’ve been experimenting to try to adjust the amount of cream and condensed milk. I’ve tried adding less condensed milk for the cinnamon ice cream, and the texture is great so next time I’ll add in even less. I also want to try substituting part of the heavy cream with half and half or maybe something lighter to cut down the calories. Gotta stay in shape for the summer, chu know?
enjoy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog