Recipe slightly adapted from Nigella Lawson
2 C all-purpose flour
2 ½ tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 C Guinness
1 stick + 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut into chunks
¾ C unsweetened cocoa
1 C granulated sugar
½ C light brown sugar
¾ C sour cream
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Generously grease two 8-inch cake pan. The batter is enough to make two thin 8-inch cake and an 8-inch square pan.
2. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt, set aside
5. Whisk in half of the flour mixture, mix until almost combined and then whisk in the rest.
6. Pour batter into cake pans and bake for 30-35 minutes
1 (8oz.) package cream cheese, at room temperature
1 ¼ C confectioners’ sugar (I used 1 C)
½ C heavy cream
(vanilla extract, coffee liqueur, green food coloring)
1. In a bowl beat the cream cheese until soft and smooth
2. Slowly drizzle in the heavy cream and whip until it makes a spreadable consistency. Whip it good
Enjoy the cake with the rest of your Guinness.
If I don’t finish this cake today, I’ll make them into cake balls. By mixing the cake crumbs and the rest of the frosting, form them into calls, and then coat them with candy coating.
... Or maybe I’ll share with friends, maybe.
“A great friend is like a four leaf clover; hard to find and lucky to have”