For us all the single ladies, 2/14 is chocolate day. It’s the day when you can eat as much chocolate as you want, and no one is allowed to judge you. I made some brigadeiro and chocolate lava cake for my friends.
I’ve always wanted to make chocolate lava cake, or chocolate molten cake; and finally made it today. It was heavenly. I used a recipe that calls for cocoa powder instead of chocolate.
You’ve got to try this recipe. It is so easy to make and it can be ready in no time! It is the perfect treat if you have a serious chocolate craving!
Chocolate Lava Cake
recipe slightly adapted from Versatile Vegetarian Kitchen
½ C butter or margarine, melted and cooled
1/3 C + ½ C granulated sugar
¾ C cocoa powder
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp espresso powder
3 eggs, at room temperature
1/3 C all-purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Butter 3-4 ramekins or mold and coat with some sugar, set aside.
3. In a bowl, whisk together ½ C melted butter and cocoa powder, set aside
4. In another bowl, beat together eggs and ½ C sugar until light and thick. Add in chocolate butter mixture
5. Sift in flour, salt, and espresso powder, mix well; and then add in vanilla extract, mix until well blended
6. Pour batter into your cake mold and bake for 8-10 minutes, I baked mine for 9 minutes
* You can garnish it with powdered sugar or whatever you like, we just ate ours with a dollop of red velvet ice cream, yum! 甜滋滋