Feb 24, 2012

Ma Sugar Cookies

I have a confession to make; I made those cookies for my friends for Christmas and finally put them up today… At least I got to them!
These are no joke the best sugar cookies ever! I know everyone says their sugar cookies are “the best.” But trust me, these will become your favorite sugar cookies if you ever try them; especially if you like chewy sugar cookies. I was never a big fan of sugar cookies until I made these.

The heavy cream in the cookie is the key ingredient. It makes them so moist and adds more flavor to the cookies; and c’mon, it’s heavy cream, it makes everything better; and 2 tablespoon won’t hurt. You know you want it.

Ma Sugar Cookies
Ingredients:
2 ¾ C flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
1 C butter, softened
1 ¼ C granulated sugar
¼ tsp salt
1 egg
1 Tbsp heavy cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
Directions:
1. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and baking powder, set aside
2. In another bowl, beat the soften butter until it’s even softer (Make sure it’s very soft, but not melted!) Add in sugar and salt and beat until light and fluffy.
Add in egg, heavy cream, mix well
and then stir in vanilla extract.
3. Chill the dough for at least 1 hour.
4. When ready to bake, shape cookie dough into balls
bake in the preheat 375F degree oven for 8-10 minutes. I baked mine for 8 minutes
* Because this is such a easy recipe with not much many ingredients, every single step is important. The butter must be softened!
* Since the flavor is so plain and subtle, besides the sugar, the butter and the vanilla is where the flavor mainly comes from. Make sure you use good butter, don’t substitute it with margarine or shortening. 2 teaspoon of vanilla seems like a lot, but it is necessary, just trust me ok?
* It is also very important to let the cookie chillax in the fridge, the longer the better; I let mine chill over night

Oh, and I put some Belgium chocolate ice cream, oh yeah, in between two cookies and made some ice cream sandwich cookies! Nomnomnom
enjoy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog