Feb 23, 2012

Libby’s Famous Pumpkin Pie

I’ve made a pretty darn healthy pie with my dear friend Alice the other day and I ate half of it. It was no doubt THE BEST pumpkin pie I’ve ever tasted.
We used the recipe from the Libby’s Pumpkin label. Try it, you won’t regret it, promise.

Libby’s Famous Pumpkin Pie
Ingredients:
¾ C granulated sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp ground cloves (we didn’t add it because I didn’t have any)
(We also added ½ tsp ground nutmeg and ¼ tsp all spice)
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 can (15oz) Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 can (12oz) evaporated milk (we used reduced fat)
1 unbaked 9-in deep-dish pie shell
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425F
2. Mix sugar, cinnamon, salt, and all the spices in a bowl, set aside
3. In another bowl, mix together beaten eggs, pumpkin, and sugar-spice mixture until combined. Gradually stir in evaporated milk and mix until well blended.
4. Pour mixture into the pie crust and bake for 15 minutes, and then reduce temperature to 350F and bake for another 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours

Yeah, measure that sugar
Yeah, mix that pie filling
we didn’t have a “deep dish” pie shell; we used a regular shortbread pie crust, and another small glass mold
I love how you can see those spices in the pie :) It was absolutely fabulous.
enjoy 

1 comment:

  1. Delicious! I like it. Sure my family members also like! today in morning my special breakfast would be say puff & pie การบินไทย puff & pie puff pie

    -Mrs.Linda Arnold
    Puff & pie supplier
    Bangkok.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog