Feb 11, 2012

Coconut Lemon Cake


 
 
My friend recently gave me a box of lemon cake mix and I was really bored and really needed to bake the other night. So I came up with another easy recipe made from cake mix.
Coconut Lemon Cake
Ingredient:
1 (18.25 oz) package box lemon cake mix
1 (3.4 oz) package vanilla pudding mix
¼ C pineapple juice
1 ¼ C evaporated milk
¼ C canola oil
1 medium banana, mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract
zest of one lemon
¼ C sweetened coconut flakes
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. In a bowl, mix together cake mix and pudding mix
3. In another bowl, mix together pineapple juice, milk, oil, banana and vanilla extract
4. Slowly pour the liquid into the cake mix, beat with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes, or whisk with a whisk for about 5 minutes
5. Pour in cake pan, or cupcake pan; sprinkle the coconut flakes over the cake
I toasted some of them and mix sprinkle them with some untoasted one, but there's no need for "pre-toasting them" I just wanted some snack when I was baking.
6. Bake the cupcakes for 12-15 minutes, the cake for 20-25 minutes
I made an 8-in cake and 9 cupcakes
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog