After burning the honey sweet potato bread on Wednesday, I decided to make it one more time. It is a lot better, but still not perfect. It’s still got a thin layer of crust, and I’d like it to be gone next time.
Honey Sweet Potato Bread II (Toast)
150g Sweet Potato Puree
280 - 300g bread flour
1 egg, at room temperature
¾ tsp instant yeast
1/8 tsp salt
30g evaporated milk, warm
30g butter, softened
1. Mix everything except for butter in a bowl with a wooden spoon (I used my hand) until the dough barely stick to the side of the bowl Dump the dough out to a floured surface
2. Add in the softened butter and knead the dough for about 45 minutes or until the dough is elastic and becomes very thin when stretched out
3. Form dough into a ball, place it in a lightly greased bowl, cover with damp towel and place in a warm place (or room temperature if your kitchen is hot.) Let the dough rise for 60 minutes or until it doubles in size.
4. Punch the dough down to get the air out, and then form it into a ball and cover with the towel and let it rest for 20 minutes.
5. Divide the dough into parts, or shape them however you like. Cover with a damp towel again and let it rise for another 60 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 400F
7. When the size of your dough increase again, bake it for 25-30 minutes (I checked it after 28 minutes and it was done.)
Perfect texture inside! 牽絲喔耶
* I put evaporated milk and honey in the microwave for 15 seconds to warm it up to help activating the yeast. Make sure it’s not too hot though; you don’t want to kill the yeast!
* Next time I would lower the temperature a little more, lower the wire rack in the oven and bake it for maybe 25 minutes.