Jan 7, 2012

Hot Pot Weekend!

Whenever I got back to NY, what I miss the most about taiwan is my parents and of course the food; especially hot pot.
每次我回美國最想念的除了我家人就是食物,特別是火鍋!

My family is very healthy, like VERY healthy, our hot pot is basically vegetable soup. It's super yummy though, surprisingly. (in my opinion, the more unhealthy the food is, the better it tastes) 
健康的我們家吃了一堆很甜很甜的茼蒿

we love sea food!
squid, abalone...
魷魚根鮑魚
and shrimp
新鮮的不得了的蝦子!
 
 
 
fermented bean curd or fermented tofu. It's one of my favorite thing to eat with hot pot.
這牌豆腐乳對我來說有點過甜 不過蠻特別因為裡面的酒釀有淡淡的酒香
 皇帝豆,菜頭,跟多的不得了的菇類
Taiwan beef ♥
 台灣牛肉片,好吃到爆炸!

Lettuce decreases drasticly in volume after it's cooked
It's also called "hit wife vegetable": Long time ago, when a guy came back from work, thought his wife ate some before he got home so he hit her. It's awful I know.
 
萵苣/打婆菜
這名字的由來是以前有個傳說:
這個菜煮完後看起來會變很少, 老公工作回來時看到這菜變很少, 以為老婆偷吃, 就打了老婆

healthy but yummy hot pot, Chang style
enjoy

1 comment:

  1. 莴苣是我吃火锅最最爱的菜!我觉得,火锅吃到最后,最好吃的是青菜!浓浓的汤头粘在菜上面,想到都流口水!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog