Dec 11, 2011

Pumpkin Muffins


I’ve been listening to Christmas music since the first day of December. This morning Baby It’s Cold Outside came up and it got me thinking, yeah, it is so cold outside, it’s time to bake something sweet and spicy.
I got this recipe from one of my favorite blogger, The Pioneer Woman.
Best. Muffins. Ever.
‘Nuff said. Please go to your kitchen right now and make them.
Seriously.
Those pumpkin muffins are gonna blow your mind
They are super moist and yummy. The cinnamon sugar topping gives it a nice little crunch when you bite into it. Please just give them a try and you will not regret it!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Muffins
Ingredients:
1 C all-purpose flour
½ C sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp salt
4 Tbsp butter
1 C pumpkin puree
½ C evaporated milk
1 egg
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
½ C raisins (I substitute them with one chocolate bar, cut into chunks)
Topping:
Ingredients:
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. In a bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Then cut in the butter, press the mixture with a fork until no lumps of butter can be seen. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, egg and the vanilla extract until well combined.
4. Take a tablespoon of the flour mixture and toss it with chocolate chunks
5. Pour pumpkin mixture into the rest of the flour mixture, fold with a spatula until well combined and then fold in the chocolate
6. In a small bowl, mix together 2 Tbsp sugar and the cinnamon. Sprinkle the mixture on top of each muffin.
7. Pour batter into a greased muffin pan. Fill them ¾ way up the pan, they don’t rise much. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the muffins start to pull away from the side of the pan.
I baked mine for about 22 minutes and they were perfect!
* For the topping, I didn’t add the nutmeg because I thought it’s too strong to me.
* I didn’t make the frosting for them because I ran out of cream cheese and I was lazy to go to the market, I think the amount of the sugar in the batter is perfect; and the cinnamon sugar topping also gives them extra sweetness. Muffins are not supposed to have frosting anyways! Frosting and cupcakes are meant to be together.
enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog