Dec 8, 2011

Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes

Hands down, easiest recipe EVER.
I was bored as heck one day and stumbled upon this recipe.
I was doubtful when I saw that this cupcake recipe only needs three ingredients but was so curious that I gotta give it a try.


Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes
(recipe inspired by Gina C.)
Ingredients:
1 box chocolate cake mix (I used devil’s food cake)
1 can (21 ounce) cherry pie filling
2 eggs, lightly beaten *
¼ C milk
1 tsp vanilla extract


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease your cupcake pan
2. Dump all ingredients into a bowl, mix!
3. Fill each cupcake ¾ way up the cupcake pan because like Gina says, they don’t rise much.
4. Bake for 18-22 minutes. (I baked mine for 19 minutes)
5. Let cool and frost



* I like breaking up the eggs beforehand; it just makes your life easier when mixing the batter
* By the way I absolutely diss cake mix, cookie mix, store bought cookie dough and all those premade things. Don’t get me wrong, I love eating cookie dough, I just don’t like making baked good with them. I had to confess, I used crazy amount of cake mix last year to make cookies because like this recipe because I barely had time to bake and it saved me a lot of time. They are so stinking good and so easy to make, too. I just hate to admit it.


I’m actually embarrassed to post it and tell the world that I used a cake mix AND pie filling to make those cupcakes. I’m also embarrassed about how easy they are to make, but I had to share it with you, I just had to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog