Dec 21, 2011

Butter Sandwich Cookies with Dulce de Leche


If you read my last post about my macarons... with pied, you’ll know that my friend and I ate all the macaron shells before the dulce de leche is done cooking… ok fine, she ate one and I ate the rest.
But yeah I had 14 ounces of dulce de leche sitting in my fridge, so I decided to make some butter cookies. And let me tell you, they.are.heavenly, I’m telling you.
Those cookies are different from shortbread cookies. They are both buttery, but those butter cookies are not crumbly like the shortbread cookies; they are crispy. I can’t believe I’m actually saying thing because I never liked crispy cookies, but can I just tell you, they are SO YUMMY and so easy to make! You gotta make them, please.
Butter Cookies
Ingredients:
1 C butter, softened
2/3 C granulated sugar
2 C flour
¼ C cornstarch
Pinch of salt
½ tsp vanilla extract
Directions:
1. Sift together flour, cornstarch and salt, set aside
2. Whip butter and sugar until light and fluffy
3. Add in half of the flour mixture, and continue beating the mixture until well-combined. Add in the rest of the flour and the vanilla extract and mix well. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and roll it into a log.
4. Chill the dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 340F
6. Cut cookie dough into ½ inch slices. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until the edges start to brown. (I baked mine for 14 minutes)
When you are creaming the butter and sugar, really whip it, beat the xxxx out of it.
When placing cookie dough on the baking sheet, you don’t have to put them too far apart, they barely spread.
Unlike shortbread cookies, those butter cookies contain granulated sugar instead of confectioners’ sugar; and I think that’s what make them crispy.
You can eat those cookies as they are, or you can be fat like me and eat two at a time with some dulce de leche.
enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog