Dec 21, 2011

Banana Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting

I have to admit, I have A LOT of pictures and recipes of my baked goods in my computer waiting for me to share with people. But I just get lazy sometimes just don’t have the time to.
I just uploaded two posts of the desserts I made last night for a hot pot party. And then I remembered I have a lot more pot luck recipes I need to put up and since the Christmas music has put me in a good mood, I’m gonna keep writing.
So I went to a thanksgiving potluck over thanksgiving break; yeah I know, it’s been a while… I just didn’t have the time!
Anyways, I made some awesomelicious banana cupcakes with chocolate cream cheese frosting. I’m a huge fan of bananas, and I’ve tried many banana bread, muffin, and cupcake recipes and finally came up a banana cupcake recipe I’m satisfied with.
Banana Cupcakes
Ingredients:
2 ½ C flour
1 Tbsp baking soda
1 pinch of salt
½ C butter, softened
¾ C + ¼ C granulated sugar
¾ C brown sugar
2 eggs
4 medium-size bananas, very ripe
1/3 C milk
1/3 C yogurt
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Mash the bananas and mix in ¼ C sugar, set aside
3. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt, set aside
4. Beat together softened butter, ¾ C granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy
5. Mix in yogurt and mix in eggs, one at a time. Mix until well-blended before adding the next egg
6. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition
7. Stir in the banana sugar mixture and mix well
8. Fill cupcake pans halfway full. Bake for 20-25 minutes (I baked mine for 22 minutes)
9. Let cool before frosting
* When it comes to adding yogurt or substituting butter with it in a recipe, I always use 2% Greek yogurt because its thick and creamy texture is closer to butter
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting (it is HEAVENLY)
Ingredients:
8 oz cream cheese
½ stick butter
2 ½ C powdered sugar
½ C cocoa powder
Directions:
1. Sift together powdered sugar and cocoa powder, set aside
2. Whip together cream cheese and butter until fluffy, gradually add in powdered sugar and cocoa powdered sugar mixture. Continue beating until well-blended
3. Frost your cupcakes!
enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog