Nov 23, 2011

Say what? Frosting to muffins?


I accidentally created something yummy today at around 1:30 a.m.


Just about an hour ago I just finished watching like 10 episodes of 30 Rock, and felt like I should do something productive, so I decided to bake. I asked my suitemates what they would like for a mid-night snack, cookies or cupcakes and they choose cupcakes. I then thought of the left over brown sugar frosting I made the other day; it’s been sitting in my freezer for awhile. I thought to my self, since the frosting is made of butter, brown sugar, some milk, and powdered sugar why not just use it in my batter? So I warmed it up to soften and loosen it and then added some flour, baking powder, and all that jazz. Baked them. They turned out amazingly yummy! I kid you not, My suitemates love them!
So here’s how I made those puppies!
Brown Sugar Frosting Muffins:
(Make 12 muffins)
Ingredients:
1 egg, at room temperature
1 ¼ C all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ C milk (I used soymilk)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit
2. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
3. In another bowl, mix together the frosting and the egg until well combined
4. Mix in half of the flour mixture into the frosting mixture and then add half of the milk; mix well. Add the rest of the flour, milk and vanilla; mix until well blended. Do not over mix!
5. Pour batter into well-greased muffin pan; fill them a little more than halfway full (they don’t rise up too much)
6. Bake fore 15-18 minutes (I baked mine for 15 minutes.)
Note: a great way to tell if a cupcake or muffin is done is when the sides of it start pulling away from the pan. Another good way to tell is when you press the top of the cupcake/muffin down lightly, it bounces back, you know it is done.
I put some salted butter on my muffin when it’s still warm; it’s definitely a yummy in ma tummy.
The next day it was thanksgiving break and I had a dear friend coming to visit. While waiting for her to arrive, I made some cream cheese frosting. The recipe can be found here.
I must say it is one of my favorite frosting of all time. It tastes great with everything, literally.
enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog