Nov 20, 2011

Cream Puffs Once Again

I've been craving for sweets for the past few days and finally decided to make cream puffs today!




I love love love the combination of the warm crispy puffy shell and the cold creamy filling. It turned my blue day into orange. Yeah, I think orange is a happy color.


I used a different recipe than the one I used last time, and I like it even more! I omitted the sugar and changed the amount of eggs.


Pâte à Choux (Cream Puffs Shell)
Ingredients:
1 stick butter, unsalted
1 cup water
1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
1/4 tsp salt
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract

Direction:
1. Preheat oven to 425F degree
2. In a saucepan, combine butter, water, and salt; cook on medium heat and bring it to a full boil, remove from heat
3. Dump all the flour in at one time and stir like crazy. Bring back to the stove and on medium-low heat, cook it until the mixture starts to come together and form a ball.
4. Allow the mixture to cool a bit. (It doesn’t have to come to room temperature, but should be cool enough to touch)
5. Add in eggs, one at a time. Make sure the mixture is fully combined before you add the next egg. (when you first add the egg, the mixture will separate; don’t panic! Keep stirring and eventually it will come together)
6. Add the vanilla extract and mix until combined
7. Pipe batter onto the pan, leave them about 1 inch apart. Bake for 20-25 minutes (I baked mine for exactly 20 minutes)
Note: if you don't want your cream puffs to have the little pointy hat on the top like me, wet your hands with water and dab the top with your finger.
fresh outta the oven!
perfect!

the inside should be hallow and dry. If it's still moist and you can taste the dough, bake it for another minutes or so.


Meet my lovely friend Kari :)


I used the same cream filling recipe I used last time because it’s so darn good.
enjoy

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I'd like to try this recipe as it sounds great but unfortunately the link to the cream filling recipe is not working.
    would you please mail it to me at
    johan@motivate.co.za
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog